- Published on
APCON helps secure sensitive patient information with surgical precision
- Updated on
A leading healthcare information technology company provides a platform that facilitates real-time information exchange of more than 10 million daily transactions between a network of health plans and healthcare providers in the United States.
After a detailed internal review, the company decided to significantly upgrade its network monitoring and security infrastructure to increase the visibility and protection of patient and provider data. The company chose to add APCON’s inline monitoring and security tools, as well as a virtual network visibility tool, to eliminate blind spots within on-premise and virtual east-west traffic.
• Monitoring the influx of data
• Lack of virtual network monitoring
• IntellaFlex XR platform
• IntellaStore® ll+
• Bypass Switch
The key to the security of patient and provider records is to proactively minimize the risk of a security breach. Healthcare networks achieve this by eliminating security and visibility blind spots with a total network visibility solution. APCON’s offerings met the client’s needs today while providing scalability for the future growth of the business.
• Expanded visibility across the network, including remote locations
• Enabled visibility of east-west traffic in a virtual network
• Ensured high availability of inline security tools
• Removed duplicate packets to streamline network traffic, increasing monitoring tools’ efficiency