In 2021 we shared a post about IntellaView Mobile’s easy, real-time management interface for APCON network switches. The application puts all switch management control at your fingertips through either a local Bluetooth connection or — with a secure wireless connection — you can access your switches anytime, from anywhere, on your Internet-ready smartphone, iPad, or tablet. The IntellaView Mobile App currently supports the management of IntellaView products only.
As network speeds, bandwidth, and switch management complexities continue to expand, your data center operations and security teams need easy, real time access to manage network switches. IntellaView provides the management interface for the APCON IntellaView Next-Generation, Advanced Hybrid Visibility Platform. APCON now offers a new-and-improved mobile application that puts all switch management control at your fingertips through a wireless connection — anytime, from anywhere.
For companies using APCON IntellaView switches, the newest IntellaView Mobile Application (v2.1) for Android and iOS devices is another technical leap forward that offers expanded features and enhancements, additional support for new hardware, and offers detailed configuration capabilities. Download the app from Google Play or the Apple App Store at no charge.
After installing IntellaView Mobile App 2.1 on your mobile device, you can connect to and manage a switch wirelessly via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or Mobile Data connections. Switches secured behind firewalls require a tunneling connection like a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to gain remote access to switches.
Once wirelessly connected to a switch within the Mobile App, a user can configure and manage one or more switches just like they would in the past through a desktop or laptop computer.
- Android 9.0 or later
Supported mobile devices
- Android phones and tablets
- Apple iPhone, iPad
APCON IntellaView chassis
Many features and enhancements simplify switch management with the IntellaView Mobile App 2.1. Below are examples of streamlined, everyday business activities:
- Updated login screen simplifies switch access
- Improved, widget-based dashboard provides a quick overview of Connections, switch health, and any users who are accessing the switch
- View/edit Duplex Connections and see alerts and statistics for those Connections
- Create and edit Load Balance Groups (LBGs)
- Manage Custom Lists, ACLs, and ACL Stacks
- Review Alarms on the switch filtered by severity, as well as the last 200 Events
- See a list of users that have access to the chassis, and their details
- Collect logs, view health checks, and complete many other tasks available under the GUI Maintenance menu
If you are not yet an IntellaView user, download the app and click “View Demo Mode” to get a taste of APCON’s switch features and the IntellaView Mobile App GUI. Using this mode, you don't have to own an IntellaView switch to learn more about the functionality of our IntellaView platform through the mobile application.
For more information on the benefits of network-wide visibility, high-density scalability, and a lower total cost of ownership, contact an APCON representative.